The Power of Cold E-mailing
What is Cold E-mailing?
Cold e-mailing is a method of sending an e-mail or message to a person who had no previous contact with you. It is done to find job opportunities, sell products or services, or get a response from a person.
Cold e-mail is not a random spam message. It is a personalized message sent to a person interested in your product or service. It is a way to get in touch with a person who is not interested in your product or service.
- E-mail should be short and important.
- Before sending an e-mail, ensure that you have a good reason to send it and provide value to the recipient.
- Subject line should be short and catchy.
- Find the person through LinkedIn or a website.
Write the Best Subject Line
There are some essential subject lines that you can use in your cold e-mail.
- Don't offer your work directly in the subject line.
- Make your subject line short and catchy.
- Make your subject line authentic.
- Ask a question in the subject line.
- Use good text and emojis.
- If the business has a competition, you can send them how you can help them win it.
Subject Line Examples
- Are you looking for a graphic designer?
- Love your work, Samsung.
- 5 Reasons why you should hire me.
Write the Best E-mail Body
After a good subject line, you need to write a good body of the e-mail. Here are some tips for writing a good body of the e-mail:
- First, introduce yourself shortly.
- Tell recipients how you can help them to increase their business.
- Tell recipients why you are the best person for the job.
- Tell about your skill, professionalism, communication, and experience.
- Tell them what you have done in the past.
- Send them your work, or give them some free work.
- You can also use emojis in your e-mail body.
- Don't copy-paste paste link into your e-mail body. Instead, you can add a link to the text.
- Conclude the e-mail with a call to action like "Feel free to reply to this e-mail" or "contact me on this number."
- At the end of the e-mail, you can add your contact information, social media links, and website link.
AIDA is a Cold e-mail marketing model used to attract customers. It attracts customers by providing them with information about your product or service.
- Attention: Grab the attention of the recipient.
- Interest: Make them interested in your product or service.
- Desire: Make them desire to buy your product or service.
- Action - How can you benefit them through your product or services.
Call to Action
- Guide them to the next step.
- Use humble language.
- Message can be like: I know you are busy, but if you give me 5 minutes, I can show you how I can help you.
If you have already worked with some company, you can tell them about your work. You can also tell them about your experience. You can also tell them about your education. You can also tell them about your skill.
- I have already worked with XYZ company, I can show you my work.
- send 3 thumbnails of your work.
- Share your social media links.
- Highlight color of your signature.
Close the e-mail by telling statements like. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Send A Follow-Up E-mail
- If you don't get any response, send a follow-up e-mail after 7 days.
Know Your Client
- Dream: Find the dream of the client.
- Problem: Find the problem of the client.
- Solution: Tell them how you can solve their problem.
- Use their correct name instead of "sir" or "madam."
- Know their downfall and tell them how you can help them overcome it.
- Subject line should be perfect.
- Give your introduction.
- What do you want to send.
- Call to action.
- Make a clean and straightforward e-mail.
- Use hyperlinks.